Sunday, May 29, 2011

Professor Brian Cox - Wonders of the Universe - BBC series

I know its useless to talk about a Tv series which has gone off air, but what the heck, you can still catch it on You Tube. If you like seeing good looking fellow talk and you love to see science programs - especially the ones about the universe - then this is for you (and me of course). If not then .... I guess there is something wrong with you! The anchor is Professor Brian Cox, everyone describes him as the rock star physicists. I would describe him as someone who has a really cool life. How many people manage to be in a rock band , do a PHD in physics and investigate the origins of the universe as a job. Not me, I don't have no PHD, yet most people kindly tell me that I am geeky as opposed to boring! How can one person do so many things and how can some people do so little (me again). He is not even that old :( and has shiny skin, no pimples and most importantly keeps smiling. The best part about his shows are that he goes into the details, stuff like - if a planet's gravity is weak because of its small size, but not so weak that it cant hold any liquids on the surface. Then on these planets when it rains the raindrops will not have the small tiny size as we have on earth, but it will be large chunks. I don't remember anyone telling me this in school!. All I remember is trying to cram the equation. Teaching is an art and it should be done by extraordinary people. Its that one chance you have to an impact on someones life, to take someone who is heading towards a dead end and put them on the track meant for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment