Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Work life

Work Life is all about being at the right time and place. About pushing yourself, being aggressive and putting yourself out there without any fear. But I don't think I could rise to that, I tend to keep my mouth shut. If someone important is coming to office people push themselves, they tell their bosses what about me, what about my future. I didn't push nor ask, I guess as a result I didn't go anywhere. Even artists need to market their work, not just be lost in their creative worlds, for normal people like me this is even more true. Everyone keeps saying you must market yourself, get a soundbite in. My first boss told me on my last day - "There are some people who undersell themselves, they don't rise and frankly you are one of them". Doesn't matter what happens today, if I make a fool of myself or not, I will always be grateful for my family. I have got one of the best and I didn't even have to try too hard. They just came or I just came would be more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment