Thursday, May 12, 2011

And they remained friends forever...

I love movies which end with the line "and they remained friends forever". The first time I saw this was in "Catch me if you can" and then in the "King's Speech". I feel its more powerful than they lived happily ever after because friendships still last, you cant divorce your friend. I guess the reason why friendships have endured is because your only job as a friend is to be nice to your friend and have their back when things get tough thats it. No changing family alliances, no becoming responsible, no joint health insurance cover, no announcement of your status. I guess friendships are natural, like everything in nature, it starts simply enough and even if it ends it doesnt define your life like a break in marriage would - AD( after divorce) and BD(before divorce). No defined roles, nothing just knowing this person I can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment