Saturday, August 27, 2011

The problem with the Future

Tomorrow is a mystery
Yesterday is history
Today is a gift, that is why it's called the present


- Kung Fu Panda

Even a cartoon can make more sense, then my mind or my surroundings. Everyone is obsessed with the future, Investment banks try to see if there is a recession ahead or an upswing, Doctors try to give an estimate of how much life is left, Astrologers try to see what lies in your stars, Tarot card readers shuffle a deck of your life, we try, when we start each day thinking how it will unfold.

So busy trying to see what lies ahead, we miss out on what we have, we miss today. I don't want my youth to go wondering about my life ahead and I don't want why old age to go wondering about the end.  Today is a present, open it.

No comments:

Post a Comment