Saturday, December 1, 2012

Being alone isn't easy

I am not one of those people who has an active social life, more appropriately i am not one of those people who has a social life. So for me being alone is tough. It gets easier when I go home. But this time it wasn't that easy, as people at home are unhappy too. But it was still better than being alone. I noticed a funny thing about people, they will not ask you to go with them to see a movie, even though they need company, the very act of asking for company seems to be hard. I also end-up seeing movies alone most of the time, I don't mind it because when I am in the hall and the lights are off, all I am focusing on is on the movie and nobody really notices in the darkness. But i generally try a little to ask for company, I almost all the time get turned down, but its ok, because A) i am use to it and B) because I only ask females (my kind). So this time this poor soul who I started to talk to properly only a week ago, made the solid mistake of saying we could watch movies together. Little did she know, I would take her up on the offer three days later. But this time when I asked, lets go see this movie, I asked her and this other female when we three were going home from work. And this time, they agreed! to my shock. But I am so use to people changing their plans on me, I was mentally prepared that they will forget about it as the weekend came. So I asked a bit a day before the weekend, got a luke warm response and thought here we go again! But then something amazing happened, at least for me it was. I for the first time saw enthusiasm on the other side, they were fixing the day, the time, the hall :). So I guess for this time at least, I am happy I tried. Then I came to know that they too had problem finding company for stuff like movies and plays. Here I am asking people for company and these idiots agree to open up to me now!!!!

I know what you must me thinking, that these sort of things shouldn't matter when you are almost going to hit your thirties! I agree, it shouldn't be this hard, but it is and its not just for me. I wish people were a bit more open, a bit more ready to get turned down, to show how their lives really were. Instead of saying, "I am good yaar". Because I am not and I don't what to pretend that I am. I am not happy with my current situation, I hope my life will change ( or as my friend would say, do something to change it). 

2 comments:

  1. Being alone is not easy.
    But, if someone can be happy and peaceful being alone, that is all what he/she can ask for.

    ReplyDelete