Sunday, August 26, 2012

You wanna come!

This happened awhile back, I was coming home from a friend's place and a ex-colleague of mine was with me in an auto. It was late at night and the gentleman in question got off at his place first. I carried on in the auto towards my place. Near my house a motorcyclist started chasing me, he kept swerving into the auto and the auto guy stopped the auto. Then the bike fellow stopped and I said, "Go ahead" (meaning go on your way)... the bike guys said "you go ahead". I said, " What is your problem". Stared straight into his face. He goes, " You wanna come, You wanna have a good time". He sounded just like the guy from hangover Mr Chow. I went, "No I don't WANNA come, I don't WANNA have a good time". Luckily he rode off.

At that moment I realised two things- one my heartbeat did not go up, I was dead calm. I am the kind of person who jumps up in fright. Second, I need someone who will protect me! and that my family is probably the only group of people who care about me. Imagine in a whole city, where I have been for three years, no one cares if I don't reach home. Only my dad, who worriedly calls up at night from another city, to check if I reached home.

I never felt more alone, I had a very grownup realization, my security is my responsibility and the next time I will leave early. And as for that colleague, if I get a chance to shove something up, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment