Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lets get Tangled up !



Ok I agree so the movie released sometime ago, but who cares people still do VCD reviews, no ? So lets get cracking, I must admit I was a little worried throughout the movie that I might have outgrown fairy tales. I mean I love kung Fu Panda and Madagascar, but those are not meant for children, they are just marketed like that to increase audience reach. That's a trade secret by the way... only available on sloth. So here I was watching a new spin on Rapunzel, I know she has to get the fellow in the end and get out of that tower and of course the witch had to go. But I loved the fact that not for a second could I figure out how. I mean a crime fighting horse and an all knowing chameleon make it a little tough, anything can happen:). This movie benefits a lot from the fact that stuff like shrek have been created, I mean in that movie the lead pair end-up ogred forever, happily of course. So I was worried they would kill the fellow and come up with a positive spin on it, something like Titanic did. When Leo died and Kate winslet promised to live a happy life and they show all those pics of her on a horse, planes etc. I mean the first time I saw Titanic the movie, I didn't even feel bad he died. Another bit of trivia have you noticed in how many movies Leonardo DiCaprio dies, I think Body of Lies and Inception are the only ones where the director didn't kill him. Coming back to Tangled, I am happy to report that he lives and they don't get ogred .

I really love the fact that there are people who can come up with such amazing stories, amazing imaginary worlds. Despite being surrounded by the ordinary, they come up with the extraordinary.

*The End*

No comments:

Post a Comment