Thursday, June 9, 2011

Living with ego

I was thinking of writing a poem on this but no, I couldn't. I am not much of a rhymer, plus I really am not in the mood.
But ego, I feel you every time, someone proves me wrong.
I feel you like a car with bad breaks. You are hard to stop, hard to accept, hard to back down.
I feel you when I realise I don't know something or I didn't bother to learn.
I feel you when someone messes with my plan.
I feel you when my mistakes come to light.
I feel you when it’s hard to accept how ordinary I am.
You make me thin skinned, weak points for people to poke.
You make me angry, like a rock tumbling down the hill.
You make me fight, even if I don't have the right.
You make use of every blind spot in my conscience.
Moment I turn my back you have grown a little.
Changing me, from the inside out.
I can’t see my reflection; you stand between me and the mirror.
I can’t go to the next step, as you only let me see the last step.
All I see are the pitfalls; you hide all the possibilities from me.
Living with you is tough; you bring out the worst in me.
In some places that's a good enough ground for divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment