Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Inferno

So I have been in Florence for the past two weeks and I am currently on a train ride to Venice. I am currently travelling with world famous Harvard professor Langdon and I am on a mission to catch a madman before he unleashes the biblical plague on mankind. How am I doing all this, when A) its a Tuesday and I am supposed to be staring at my office screen. B) I don't have money to go to Florence or Venice or anyplace outside India apart from Thailand. So how you ask? Well I am reading Dan Brown's latest book - Inferno and its damn good I say. Its very much like Da Vinci code, its about finding meaning in ancient symbols. But Da Vinci had lots of information thrown at you. I remember I had to read some pages twice just to remember stuff, Inferno is simpler, easier to follow. It still tells you a lot about Florence and the city's beautiful monuments, most whose names I cant remember. The difference between the two books is that after Da Vinci, I felt like a bloody genius, I really did. While reading inferno I feel like a well informed historian, like one of those cool people who know something about every topic. The ones who go like, "Did you know that...". I am no book reader, but a movie lover instead. But I know one thing, a well written book can take you places, where a beautifully created movie never can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment