Thursday, June 20, 2013

Malware

Sounds hi-tech no? then what is it doing on this blog... u say? Well I will tell you. Yesterday some female on the phone called she said we need donation for a 5yr old child who needs heart surgery and whose mother has also died! So I said how does one go about donating? This female said are you on the computer, it will only take few mins. That is when my red flag warning went up. So I said no I am not sitting in front of the computer (lie) but tell me the website address. She sms me the address. I opened the website : Projectrit.org . The moment you hit the donate button, a malware gets downloaded called system security antivirus. it pretends to be this authentic anivirus, which says your system has been infected. Multiple boxes open up saying virus bla bla. Then it says click here to fix and then it tries to make you buy it!!! I already had Mcafee.. I am mean what the hell. My four ventricle organ (my heart!!) starts racing and I switch the power off. then I put it on and run a full system scan using the Mcafee. bloody thing says all ok. I say my foot!  I google, and I find this blog which gives step by step instructions. U end up downloading three antivirus programmes. Words like Kill programme, antimalware and  hitman dominate your mind. I still don't know if I am free of that programme and I am too scared to use it for online payments. So my 4 year old laptop shall be used. But my computer is acting a bit odd... not sure it its fully fine yet.

Website: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-system-care-antivirus-virus/

No comments:

Post a Comment