Thursday, June 13, 2013

My mind

I am not sure if this happens to you, but I tend to visualise things when people speak to me... sometimes only. I remember my boss once saying to me during my review, "this more than a job for you". To which I was horrified.... because I had no clue. I immediately started imagining an ad for the Indian Army and I saw a soldier saluting the flag on top of a rocky hill... with trumpets playing. Recently my boss said, "you are good, you will be ready to hit the floor quickly". This basically means that I have been in the same organization for donkey ages now... so I will need very little training and can start immediately in my new team. To this my mind visualized someone grabbing my neck and banging my head to the floor.

When these visualisations occur, I go silent usually because I am between shock and a trying to control a smile. And then I continue to be silent as I missed my moment to speak and hence remain silent for an eternity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment