Thursday, June 6, 2013

Is it like this for you too??

Do you ever get the feeling that you are taking your company (that you work for ... not own because that would lead to bankruptcy) for a ride or that you are being paid to just sit in office. Paid well I might add. Is this the normal feeling... the more you study the cushier your job is. On top of that, I have been pushing for a change in profile, why am I doing that when I clearly have not interest in this line. Why am I pushing for things that don't interest me. Well I have a bit of perspective on this, the profile I am pushing for currently had come up two years back also and I didn't apply, because I thought I am not interested in this line, why bother. Then a number of my office colleagues came up to me and said, "what is wrong with you, how could you let this opportunity go?". And I told myself, no point for trying something you know you will get bored off or worse will not be able to excel in. But that strategy did not pay off as in my current profile, things turned for the worse. I missed up work and got nicely blown to bits. Then I was able to turn it around and get my act together and this opportunity came again. Again I felt now I should try, so that no one can say I didn't. But then something inside of me is a bit scared, maybe its because its a change (a very small change) and I am generally scared of change. but I needed to do something, anything. I couldn't continue meandering. my life had seemed to plateaued and I thought I must push. But I do agree its easier to live life doing something you love, rather than something you manage doing.

Most wise people say focus on the present, as that is all you have. Its still difficult thing for me to do, but I am getting better at it. I realised during bad times, when the idea of the future is terrifying, living in the present gets better. Right now my life is not plateaued, it is either on an incline upwards or steep fall downwards.

By the way do let me know if you feel your jobs are a sham? whoever reads this blog, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment